Monday, September 27, 2010

Yay Food!

I'm allowed to cook again, provided I follow some pretty strict guidelines. No sauteing, no fresh onion cutting, meat cooking must be done under a hood fan, and don't mix things that don't traditionally go together. They might be delightful when paired, but a pregnant palatte is not a thing to surprise. e.g. apricots and chocolate, black beans and baked potatoes, a creamy chevre based mac and cheese. However, as we're reintroducing food that has a flavor other than "cheesy" she's actually upping the voluntary intake to levels where we don't have to force it.

The downside to this is that I get to cook food that sounds good to me, so I'm gaining weight as well. Oh pad thai, how I missed you. And pizza my lamented friend, exiled for your garlicky ways; you have found your way home at last. And you brought a friend? Creme brulee, you say? I suppose he can come on in. Enchiladas, and all the meat, cheese, and tortilla based gang is back!

in fact, I wrote a haiku about the experience:

banished foe returns
the belly growls for you
hunger, you both slain

3 comments:

  1. You're missing a syllable. Your middle line is only 6, when it should be 7....other than that, great haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pronouncing "growls" as 2 syllables, I think

    ReplyDelete