Thursday, September 9, 2010

Get yourself prepared

Went into the doctor yesterday, and everything is still looking as it should. We're well on our way to parenthood. One of them is nestled across Abby's left side, and the other is using her rib cage as some sort of inverse Papasan Chair. That's the chair that looks like a bowl, where you can never find a comfortable way to sit. That's my word of the day, I had to Google "Bowl shaped chair" to figure it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papasan_chair

Now, picture that chair is made of organs instead of pillows, bones instead of wicker, it's suspended from the ceiling, your twin sister is forcing you up into it by stepping on a relatively massive bladder. Ok, then, imagine you're using it as your design inspiration for your studio apartment in my wife's torso. You have to share the space with your identical twin (the one pushing you up into the uncomfortable haggis-based chair), but there's not enough room for either of you.

Is it just me, or is it likely that there's an epic sitcom playing out in there? I'm imagining mork and mindy, or the one with Balki. I'm not sure which of the girls is the foreign one, or Robin Williams, but there has to be epic failures at communication going on. I suppose it could be like three's company, if jack left town, and Abby is the confused landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment