Monday, August 2, 2010

Takin it Easy

Vacation is nice. It's slower, calmer and there's less dogs.

I get to eat all sort of things that are bad for me, but it doesn't count on vacation. Bacon, Pancakes, ice cream, cocktails, real butter.

Plus, Abby has been eating pretty well. I think it's the fact that the way my family vacations is a non-stop assault of culinary gluttony.

"Are you hungry?"
"No. thank you, dinner was very filling."
"Are you sure, I can make a milkshake?"
"What? We haven't cleared the table yet... How can you think about eating already?"
"It's what vacation is."

As a result, normal people stuff their faces and roll back to the real world. Pregnant ladies just consume reasonable amounts of food.

One of my favorite things about this is that when I actually get to cook for abby I'm allowed to do it Paula Dean Style: 2 sticks of butter, 4 eggs and whole milk. "Because she needs the protein," Not because I like cooking really fatty yummy food...

No comments:

Post a Comment