Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ok, this isn't so bad.

Just Kidding. This is fucking hard. And a little intimidating. But also pretty straightforward.

I apologize if my verbiage, grammar and spelling work together to form an orchestra of literary clam-city. I'm a bit tired.

The Twins and mom are home. Everything went splendidly, and the hospital stay was a good warmup period for home life. It's pretty tough to get started well with a new mom that's flooded with a cocktail of crashing hormones and serious pain meds. Everyone is adapting well and learning skills at a mind expanding rate. We spent 3 days, 2 nights at the hospital, just as a precaution to make sure everyone was well on the road to recovery.

The dogs were an adventure in that they are wholly dependent on us(read: me); but if push came to shove, they could derive sustenance from shoe leather and paperback book bindings. These little meat-bags would be totally lost without us, and somehow that is incredibly endearing. We started out purely breast feeding, but then added some formula supplementation so everyone involved was having a good experience.

Then, we came home. The waves of life hit the walls of the sandcastle house we had built in the hospital. Night 1 was a trial, Night 2 was a horror. The next morning we introduced a bottle so mom could spend more than 45 minutes not-feeding at a time. I'm not much of a religious man, but the inventor of the bottle has my adoration and is now the object of my false idolatry. ( just tried to spell idol, like "idle", which would an entirely different thing) This morning I showered, brewed a cup of coffee and had a bagel I prepared myself, plus I have a chance to write here.

Abby's now had a solid 4 hours of sleep and I got around 6 broken up hours last night. Things have drastically improved. We're still pumping and using mom's special blend as our primary. I just thing the switch from point-of-sale milk transactions to a temporary credit system has everyone happier and more rested.

Now, it's a grind, but we're going to grind successfully.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are awesome. Just thinking about Abby's poor boobs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great update!! Glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy for the most part ;)

    ReplyDelete