Monday, March 14, 2011

Sip Bacardi like it's my Monday

It's my birthday, and as such I had a few demands. Most of them have been satisfied, or at least placated.

1.I wish to have a birthday dinner.
-Status: Satisfied. We went out to a delightful Greek dinner where I overate, and regretted it not in the least.

2. I wish to consume alcohol.
-Status: Placated. This is more of a standing desire than a unique event. However, at dinner Abby and I split 2 bottles of wine. I suppose that could be reclassified as we each drank a bottle of wine, if the split were even. I don't think it quite was though. My darling bride has a way of keeping a wine glass between 1/4 and 1/2 full. Keeping enough there that you don't think you've had much, but it's not obvious it has been re-poured. Then we went down the street to a bar with $2 PBR. I was too full from the gyro-love I had slammed down my wine-soaked gullet to properly take advantage though.

3. I wish to see a dancing lady.
-Satistfied. Dear sweet baby Jesus, Satisfied. And a little scared, and scarred.
At dinner, our server/owner's daughter stood on a small podium and got the whole place's attention. She thanked everyone for coming, and explained that's it's always a pleasure to host events, and the Greek culture has a special custom for special events. "And, with that, I present Zaphora!"

The music starts. It's obviously a belly dancer. The only people I've heard that sort of music played for are either belly dancers or trying to sell me a rug. I didn't see any storage space for a fine assortment of area covers. I'm pretty excited at this point, but tempering my enthusiasm, for the sake of my wife's pride.





That is not what I expected. I'm not mad, just disappointed.





The show went on awkwardly long, and there was far too much playing coy. The longer I look at that picture, the more it's like a snapshot.

In order to tuck a dollar bill in her bra-string (the nightmares), she had to give some slack to the string. Said slack was achieved not through the standard erotic dancer method of pulling the string away from the body, but instead by lifting the aged mammary from beneath.

She was a nice lady though, and very friendly. So friendly. And she smelled like the sort of perfume you would smell wafting from the classiest isle of the classiest Rite Aid you could ever happen across. I think she would be the zany grandma that every kid loved because she gave you dollars for picking dandelions int he yard. I never would have guessed those dollars had been jammed haphazardly into her sequined hosiery.

4. I Wish to Sleep.
Status: Not fulfilled
The girls have been uncooperative. I am sleeping oodles more that I did at first, but I think they just like me so much that on my side of the bed they wake up extra times to hang out.

5. I demand to Game.
Status: Addiction fed. I want more.
Friday night, Abby took the girls over to her Maid of Honor's house to chill. I took the chance to play a down-loadable game on Xbox. It was so awesome I did it again Saturday. Then, all Sunday. I should probably keep myself from diving headfirst down that rabbit hole, but who knows when that town portal is going to close. And think of the treasures and unidentified items that would go to rust without my adventuring heart.




Hey man, you got any health pots? I can quit any time I want. It's just a little fun. I like to party. Like Ke$ha, but better grammatically. My Guild needs me... Maybe I should log in to WoW, just to see what they've done with the expansions...

1 comment: