Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's play Pretend

My sister watched the girls last night. She volunteered so Abby and I could have a nice couple's night/Valentines dinner. It was pretty marvelous. We had an exquisite dinner, that no one vomited, pooped or cried during. Abby had 2 glasses of wine, and I think she was pretty loopy by the end of the meal.

It was a pleasant treat to see that we still have something in common even without our little genetic legacies. Consciously or not, we kept conversation away from talking about parenting, money or the short term future. The topics de jour were vacations, winning the lotto and the proper way to skin a cat.

I feel comfortable saying that we came to a consensus. It was decided that we should obtain a large amount of wealth, sit on a beach, and eat things that only really rich and really poor people eat. Like snails, or obscure local produce.

Abby looked beautiful. The combination of seeing her in makeup, low lighting, and a couple glasses of wine myself; turned me into the blubbering man-child she started dating all those years ago. Hopefully it was endearing.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are precious. Just precious. I want to share romantic dinner dates with you. Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete