Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm a bad blogger

I was pumped about it, and then I hit a lull. Then the lull became writer's block, and subsequently a writer's anchor. I upgraded that to a guilt spiral, then an embarrassing... uh... other thing.

Anyhow, it's been weeks since I relayed the trials and tribulations that make up the bulk of my existence. The girls have developed a lot in the last month's span. I guess you should do some maturing anytime you become 25% older. They're full babies now. They do things like smile, babble, and make faces when they poop. They're doing other things though, that make the process feel like it's getting better. They can sit up almost on their own. They're ovbiously scheming. I can see it.

Also, their insistent hunger has shifted to a ravenous anger at the lack of food. It's pretty counter intuitive. I mean seriously, if you were sitting at dinner and the Azteca staff was taking forever with your Chicken Fundido, would you protest by screaming your damn head off?




If I wanted to be judged, I would have gone to Red Lobster.




No. You would cluck disapprovingly and say a little too loud;y, "I wonder if something is wrong in the kitchen, our food seems to be slow; and my iced tea is empty again."

But their solution is to scream to the point of exhaustion and write sarcastic reviews on Yelp about our parental skills.

I've been trying to get it on camera, but because I'm clumsy and slow to react you're going to have to live with the internet meme version. Baby A does this all the friggin time.





Vomit in 5...4...3...2....blarg! Just in time to miss the towel and hit the dog.





Another interesting fact: The dogs don't mind being vomited upon. Not sure how to capitalize, but there has to be a way to turn that into a facebook game or something.

The Mrs. is back and work and she loves being away from the girls. Not really. She wants to be a stay at home mom, despite spending the first 8 years of our relationship denying that she would ever have the desire to not work. As a result, most of her income is going to be devoted to scratch tickets. It's a valid investment strategy. What? I feel like I'm at a goddamn Red Lobster, what with all the judging and what not.


1 comment: